top of page
Image by Aaron Burden

Kidney stone

On Saturday, July 3, 2010, around 3:00 am, I woke up with terrible and disturbing pains in my back. When I went to the toilet, I noticed that I had blood in my urine and for the first time in my life, I worried about my health to the point of not being able to go back to sleep.

Although tired by this almost sleepless night, I still got up to go to work, around 7:00 am. But that morning, the pain increased over time and became so strong, acute and unbearable that I decided to go and have myself examined at Monthey hospital at the beginning of the afternoon.

Arriving at the emergency room around 2:00 p.m., I was immediately put on a drip to eliminate my pain. Then I had a CT scan which revealed that I had a stone in my left kidney. I was informed that I was going to be hospitalized in order to treat my case.

The night from Saturday to Sunday, I couldn't sleep for a moment because of my worry. In the afternoon, I was informed that I was going to have to undergo an operation on Monday morning. At that precise moment, I felt lost and anguish showed its face to me: I thought about my work, and for me, the situation suddenly became tragic.

Monday morning, at 7:00 a.m., I went to the operating table and the doctor installed a probe between my bladder and my left kidney, under anesthesia because it had been impossible for him to remove this stone from me, its size being of 12mm. After the operation I was taken back to my hospital room, and around 11 a.m., the doctor came to see me: he assured me that the operation had gone well and told me that I would have to be operated on again at the end of the month, in order to destroy this calculation.

Worried by this news, I called Mr. Philippe Coffin to warn him that I could no longer work for a minimum of three weeks and I told him what had happened to me. He asked me not to worry anymore, to allow me to let him work remotely on my kidney stone and to trust him because he would immediately, with his friend Sophie, try to treat me remotely, "energetically ".

I slept very well the night from Monday to Tuesday. In the morning my urine was clear, without the slightest trace of blood. Strangely, I no longer felt any pain. After passing the post-operative verification (X-rays) which would make it possible to ensure that the probe was in place, I went home.

Philippe Coffin and his fiancée came to the hospital this afternoon to pay me a surprise visit, but I was no longer there. So he called me by phone to check on me and I told him that I felt much better.

To my greatest surprise, the next morning (Wednesday around 10:00 a.m.) I was summoned by Doctor Praz who asked me to come back to the hospital for another check-up. A little worried, so I came back to see him and he told me that I had to do a control ultrasound because if the probe appeared well on the X-ray, the stone in my left kidney, -12mm-, had completely gone !!!

Faced with this fact, the doctor was more than perplexed, he even remained amazed, without being able to give me the slightest explanation. He therefore asked me to come back on August 17 for another CT scan so that he could confirm that the calculus had disappeared, miraculously.

I thank with all my heart Sophie Cartier and Philippe Coffin for their precious help, which allowed me to no longer suffer and to be able to resume my work immediately.

Jose C.
Eagle on July 20, 2010.

bottom of page